Thanksgiving Turkey Bowl!
A great way to get outside during the holiday and be active is to play in a friends and family turkey bowl. My friends and I have been playing in a turkey bowl since we were 9 years old and have kept the tradition alive for this long. Now that we are older and need to avoid injury we have moved to flag football instead of tackle, but it is still really fun. I do not get the chance to play organized sports as much as I used to so I enjoy the opportunity to move around and feel like an athlete again. Do you play in a turkey bowl? If you do, when and where do you play your game? If you do not maybe consider getting from friends and family together Thanksgiving morning. It is a great way to start the Holiday!

I am very jealous of your tradition of having a Turkey Bowl! I do not play any games with my family, but we have other traditions my family does. While some of my family is getting too old for a game of football, you'll still find us watching the games on Thanksgiving day! You can find me in the kitchen cooking, trying to keep the food as nutritional as possible.
ReplyDeleteMy friends and I have been playing in a turkey bowl game since the 6th or 7th grade. We play the turkey bowl game on Thanksgiving morning and we play it on my old high school football field or on the football practice field. We try to keep the teams the same every year we play. I think that it is awesome that you and your friends still get together and play in a turkey bowl game. I enjoy getting to as well because I am not in organized sports anymore and I get to stay active while doing something I enjoy. Good luck to you in your turkey bowl.
ReplyDeleteSounds like a fun time. I wish my family had a tradition like this! They would all be up for it, but no one would take the time to plan it. Also, many of my family members live far away. This seems like a great, fun way to stay active. I would love to make this happen sometime for my Thanksgiving.
ReplyDelete