Don't Let Winter Be Your Excuse!
I know a lot of people do not enjoy the cold weather of winter. I myself am one of those people. With that being said I make sure to not let winter weather stop me from being active and healthy on a daily basis if I can. There are still many things you can do outside as it gets closer to winter, you just need to bundle up and dress appropriately. A great activity to do outside during the winter time is skiing or snowboarding. Both of these physical activities are great ways to be active and build up a sweat. A lot of people do not realize how exhausting skiing and snowboarding can be, but they are truly full body workouts. After a day of doing either of those activities you will be feeling it for sure. Another activity you can do outside during winter is go hiking. The snow actually makes hiking more challenging and makes you burn more calories as you hike. A normal hike may only be a moderate physical activity, but a hike in the snow can become a vigorous activity for sure. What are some things you like to do outside in the winter?
Snowboarding, hiking, and skiiing are all great activities for the winter months. The different types of skiing affect your body in different ways, working different muscles. There are different types of skiing, like downhill and cross country. Skiing is an especially good physical activity because it keeps you in shape and you get to experience the beauty of the outdoors. Cross country skiers are also usually the athletes with the highest Vo2 max.
ReplyDeleteThese are all awesome things to do in the winter! Personally I love hiking all year round. My boyfriend and I are actually taking a trip to Oregon in January to go hike just for the fun of it. But you're 100% right hiking in the winter is very difficult and definitely makes you sore the next day, but the views and experiences are beyond worth it!
ReplyDelete